Friday, March 25, 2011

Allow me to gush

Um, is it OK if I go on and on a bit about how much I adore my favorite book trilogy? 

Not waiting for permission!

Check out what I found on that blessing from above, Google Images:
Cool, huh? For those of you who have not read the best sci-fi series of all time, Katniss Everdeen is in the center, Gale is on the left, and Peeta is on the right. The artist did great with keeping the faces accurate, and the characters look exactly as I imagine them. I desperately want to paint like this. DESPERATELY. I would probably get a major self-confidence boost, especially after my latest artistic failure on a $6 canvas. My remaking of this photo from the 80's didn't work out, and she looks like a poorly drawn vampire. Here's what
I wanted it to look like:
Here's what it turned out like:

Get the picture?

Back on Hunger Games. I have now recommended this personally to 4 people, and now I'm recommending it to the e-universe: READ THESE BOOKS. As you know, I'm writing a story based on these characters' children, I was so inspired by the story. I have one last picture to show you. This is Katniss's token going into the Games, and the bird is a mockingjay. The shape to me is so beautiful, and it's been reinterperited so well for the cover art:
I'm done gushing now. Phew...

No comments:

Post a Comment